Daily & Weekend Activities
There are dozens of exciting activities taking place at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Fest! Click on the tabs below to learn about daily, weekend, and special events!
#TulipFest2017 #woodenshoefarm #OMHT
Click the buttons below to view our Daily Activities, Weekend Activities and details on Hot Air Balloon Rides:Daily Activities Weekend Activities Hot Air Balloons
Daily Tulip Fest Activities
- Included with per person admission:
- Tulip Field: spend your day wandering and taking pictures up the rows of colorful beauty
- Tulip & Daffodil Display Beds: Find flowering bulbs matching the ordering catalog
- Wooden Shoe Gardens: Step away from the crowds, have a picnic lunch, and enjoy our 4 acre garden used for weddings and special events in the summer.
- Tram &/or Hay wagon ride: Transportation for guests to and from the main tulip field and main building.
- Children’s Play Area: This area includes our famous duck races, and farm made slides, and tire swings.
- Photo Cut-out Boards: See how many different hand-painted pictures you can find
- Cow Train – $4.00 per person; 6 min bumpy ride through tulips
- Onsite Food: Mt. Angel Sausage Company, onsite menu coming soon
- Coffee Cart: Find a select list of coffee drinks available for purchase. Located in Wine Tasting Room
- Wooden Shoe Vineyards Tasting Room: Enjoy a glass of one of our estate grown wines or a glass of local beer and cider.
- Tulip Market: Located in the middle of the main blue building, cut flowers, potted bulbs, and pre-order your bulbs here
- Field Greenhouse Tent: Located near windmill out by Tulip Fields. Pre-order bulbs for fall shipping here.
Weekend Tulip Fest Activities
- ALL OF THE DAILY ACTIVITIES, plus…
- Wooden Shoe Making Demonstrations: Visit the Wooden Shoe Maker tent and watch them in action. Take the time and try a pair on.
- Steam tractor Demonstrations: (weather dependent): find them parked or driving through the tulip fields
- Crafter Market Place: 2018 applications available January 10, 2018 for 2018 festival. Email email@example.com for more information
- Local Balloon Artist: (weather dependent) Located near kids play area.
- Pony Rides: (max of 80 lbs.) (weather dependent)
- Additional Pay Kids activities: (weather dependent) Activities run by MADJEK– Jump Tents & More:
- Jump Tents, Bungee Jumper, Pony Rides, Rock Wall, & Zip Line ($3-$7)
- Tulip the Cow Meet & Greet: Find our mascot, Tulip the Cow wandering around on weekends. She loves hugs and getting her photo taken!
- Wine Wagon Farm Tour (21+): Details Coming Soon!
Need a place to stay? Check out the Tulip Festival Package through Silverton’s Oregon Garden Resort. Find more information at Oregon Garden Resort.com
Hot Air Balloon Rides
You may have seen pictures of hot air balloons in our tulip fields, while they do occasionally come out we have no control over when they do. Hot Air Balloons are very weather dependent and we generally find out they will be at the field a few days before. When we do know when they are coming we try to post it on our Facebook page
For information about flying or scheduling rides contact one of the Balloonists below:
- Portland Rose Hot Air Balloons: (503)638-1301; 1-877-WE-GO-FLY (934-6359)
- Laura Hancock: 503-270-7039; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carmen Blakely: 503-757-7924
- Cheryl Isaacs: 971-226-7239 cell; email@example.com>
- Robert Raper: 406-853-2498; firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’ll Fly Away Hot Air Balloon Adventures Greg Miller: 503-510-7835