Daily & Weekend Activities
There are dozens of exciting activities taking place at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Fest! Click on the tabs below to learn about daily, weekend, and special events!
Follow us on Instagram for updates and field status: #tulipfest2018 #woodenshoefarm #woodenshoetulipfarm #OMHT
Click the buttons below to view our Daily Activities, Weekend Activities and details on Hot Air Balloon Rides:Daily Activities Weekend Activities Hot Air Balloons
Daily Tulip Fest Activities
- Included with per person admission:
- Tulip Field: spend your day wandering and taking pictures up the rows of colorful beauty
- Tulip & Daffodil Display Beds: Find flowering bulbs matching the ordering catalog
- Wooden Shoe Gardens: Step away from the crowds, have a picnic lunch, and enjoy our 4 acre garden used for weddings and special events in the summer.
- Tram &/or Hay wagon ride: Transportation for guests to and from the main tulip field and main building.
- Children’s Play Area: This area includes our famous duck races, and farm made slides, and tire swings.
- Photo Cut-out Boards: See how many different hand-painted pictures you can find
- Cow Train – $3.00 per person; 6 min bumpy ride around tulip field
- Field Train – $5.00 per person; 10-15 minute slow, cushioned ride through tulips
- Onsite Food:
- Mt. Angel Sausage Company – Serving a variety of foods daily – full menu coming soon
- Loco Ono BBQ – Serving Thursday – Sunday : Specializing in BBQ pulled pork & Chicken sandwiches, slow wood smoke Beef sandwiches & homemade coleslaw
- Cocos Coffee – Serving Thursday – Sunday: Serving specialty coffee, hot chocolate and smoothies
- Coffee Cart: Served by Coco’s Coffee House of Woodburn. Open Thursday – Sunday
- Wooden Shoe Vineyards Tasting Room: Enjoy a glass of one of our estate grown wines or a glass of local beer and cider.
- Tulip Market: Located in the middle of the main blue building, cut flowers, potted bulbs, and pre-order your bulbs here
- Field Greenhouse Tent: Located near windmill out by Tulip Fields. Pre-order bulbs for fall shipping here.
Weekend Tulip Fest Activities
- ALL OF THE DAILY ACTIVITIES, plus…
- Wooden Shoe Making Demonstrations: Visit the Wooden Shoe Maker tent and watch them in action. Take the time and try a pair on.
- Steam tractor Demonstrations: (weather dependent): find them parked or driving through the tulip fields
- Crafter Market Place: Select vendors open daily, all open Weekends
- Local Balloon Artist: (weather dependent) Located near kids play area.
- Pony Rides: (max of 80 lbs.) (weather dependent)
- Additional Pay Kids activities: (weather dependent) Activities run by MADJEK– Jump Tents & More:
- Jump Tents, Bungee Jumper, Pony Rides, Rock Wall, & Zip Line ($3-$7)
- Tulip the Cow Meet & Greet: Find our mascot, Tulip the Cow wandering around on weekends. She loves hugs and getting her photo taken!
- Paint Ball Gallery: $5 per 50 paintballs – Climb onto our paintball shooter and paint the tulips
- Wine Wagon Farm Tour (21+): Book your Tour Today, limited Space.
*Every Wednesday: Discount Days in the Gift Shop. 10% off merchandise with purchase of $15 or more; doesn’t apply to bulb orders or cut flowers
*Every Friday: 10am Hemp tours. Curious about industrial and medicinal hemp? Meet at the Wooden Shoe Vineyards Wine Tasting room where we will answer questions and have an information tour on hemp.
Need a place to stay? Check out the Tulip Festival Package through Silverton’s Oregon Garden Resort. Find more information at Oregon Garden Resort.com
For a place to stay between Portland and Woodburn off I-5 check out Motel 6 Portland-South is offering a 10% discount to guests who mention Tulip Festival 2018 that stay with them Between March 20th – May 2nd.
Hot Air Balloon Rides
Hot Air Balloons are very weather dependent. There are a number of balloonists that are going to be trying to come out each weekend if the weather allows. Once we have confirmed information we will try our best to post it on our Facebook page There are a number of balloonists that are booking full flights and you can contact them below. There is also tethered rides available, weather dependent. For questions about flying feel free to call the HOT AIR BALLOON HOTLINE: 503-877-4693
For information about flying or scheduling rides contact one of the Balloonists below:
- Portland Rose Hot Air Balloons: Derek (503)638-1301; 1-877-WE-GO-FLY (934-6359)
- I’ll Fly Away Hot Air Balloon Adventures Greg Miller: 503-510-7835
- Robert Raper: 406-853-2498; email@example.com
- Carmen Blakely: 503-757-7924
- Cheryl Isaacs: 971-226-7239 cell; firstname.lastname@example.org>