Daily & Weekend Activities
There are dozens of exciting activities taking place at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Fest! Click on the tabs below to learn about daily, weekend, and special events!
Click the tabs below to view our Daily & Weekend Activities and a selection of On-Site & Off-Site Special Events:
- Included with per person admission:
- Tulip Field: spend your day wandering and taking pictures up the rows of colorful beauty
- Tulip & Daffodil Display Beds: Find flowering bulbs matching the ordering catalog
- Wooden Shoe Gardens: Step away from the crowds, have a picnic lunch, and enjoy our 4 acre garden used for weddings and special events in the summer.
- Tram &/or Hay wagon ride: Transportation for guests to and from the main tulip field and main building.
- Children’s Play Area: This area includes our famous duck races, and farm made slides, and tire swings.
- Photo Cut-out Boards: See how many different hand-painted pictures you can find
- Cow Train – $3.00 per person; 6 min bumpy ride through tulips
- Tour Train – $5.00 per person; 15 minute padded riding tour through the tulip fields. weather dependent
- Onsite Food:
- Coffee Cart: Find a select list of coffee drinks available for purchase next to Tulip Market in tasting room
- Wooden Shoe Vineyards Wine Tasting Available
- Tulip Market: Located in the middle of the main blue building, cut flowers, potted bulbs, and pre-order your bulbs here
- Field Greenhouse Tent: Located near windmill out by Tulip Fields. Pre-order bulbs for fall shipping here.
- ALL OF THE DAILY ACTIVITIES, plus…
- Wooden Shoe Making Demonstrations: Visit the Wooden Shoe Maker tent and watch them in action. Take the time and try a pair on.
- Steam tractors (weather dependent): find them parked or driving through the tulip fields *Check out their Steam Tractor Spark Show April 9th in the evening*
- Crafter Market Place: 9am-5pm, Local crafters selling a variety of products
- email us at email@example.com, applications go out January, 2017
- Pony Rides: (max of 80 lbs.) (weather dependent)
- Additional Pay Kids activities: (weather dependent) Activities run by MADJEK- Jump Tents & More:
- Jump Tents, Bungee Jumper, Pony Rides, Rock Wall, & Zip Line, Archery Tag ($3-$7)
- Tulip the Cow Meet & Greet: Find our mascot, Tulip the Cow wandering around on weekends. She loves hugs and getting her photo taken!
- Wine Wagon Farm Tour (21+):
Hot Air Balloons
You may have seen pictures of hot air balloons in our tulip fields, while they do occasionally come out we have no control over when they do. Hot Air Balloons are very weather dependent and we generally find out they will be at the field a few days before. When we do know when they are coming we try to post it on our Facebook page
For information about flying or scheduling rides contact one of the Balloonists below:
- Carmen Blakely: 503-757-7924
- Robert Raper: 406-853-2498; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Miller: 503-510-7835
- Portland Rose Hot Air Balloons: (503)638-1301; 1-877-WE-GO-FLY (934-6359)